http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrPS7JcSKzc
This tutorial was made without an original picture. In some ways that made it an easier project, but in other ways it was much harder. The object of the tutorial was to make an aurora effect. First we started by turning the background to black. This made the base for a night sky. After that we added ellipses of color and blurred the edges. This made the background colors for the aurora. To add the streaks we clicked render and made difference cloud. We turned the background and moved it to behind the blurs of color. Then we made the middle by using difference clouds again and using the smudge tool to streak out the edges. The last step was to add the decorative dots of different sizes and then blur them too.
This taught me many different skills to use in later Photoshop projects, but I do not necessarily like the way this project turned out. Kendell took the lead on this project, so I would have done a couple of things differently. First of all I probably would have used some different colors. These are not always colors that I would use, but the variety made for an interesting affect. Secondly, I would have redone the fuzzy caterpillar in the middle of the pretty picture. An effect like that takes a little bit of practice, and we did not have time to do it correctly. I would probably add more dots to make more of a bokeh effect. That was not the point of the tutorial though.
In the end, I learned to let someone else to some of the work and put their own ideas and opinions forward. This made a great picture that I will eventually learn to enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment